Offered by: Michelle Berg
What is chiropractic care?
The word “chiropractic” comes from ancient Greek and means “done by hand”.
The heart of modern chiropractic care is the adjustment of the joints of the body. Chiropractors are specialists in manual adjustments of the vertebrae of the spine and other joints. Adjustments help relieve pain and restore normal functioning to the spine, joints and supporting structures of the body. This enables patients to enjoy their normal activities as quickly as possible.
What can chiropractic help?
- Whiplash and other motor vehicle related injuries.
- Strains and sprains from daily activities.
- Repetitive strain injuries.
- Work and sport related injuries
- Restricted movement in the back, neck, shoulder or limbs.
- Pregnancy related issues.
- Pediatric care of the spine
- Peripheral nerve problems
- Extremity injuries such as ankle sprains, frozen shoulder, knee injuries.
- Sports injuries (sprains, strains, etc)
- ..and more.
Moreover, people don’t need to have a specific complaint to benefit from a visit. Chiropractors also focus on on-going preventative and wellness care. Chiropractic care is effective for people of all ages, from infants to the elderly.
We also offer orthotics and orthopaedic shoes to deal with everything from back pain, to flat feet, to other foot and leg issues.
Where can I get more information?
Chiropractic and orthopedic care are covered by most insurance plans. If you are unsure, check with your insurance provider.
For more information visit the Ontario Chiropractic Association
or the Chiropractic Awareness Council
To find studies on the use of chiropractic go to PubMed and conduct a search, using both the word chiropractic and the name of the condition.
If you would like more information or to book an appointment at the Major Mackenzie Natural Health Centre, please call 905-884-2279 or e-mail us
View Michelle’s Bio